Three Core Strategies
Strategy 1: Attract / Recruit New Businesses to Johns Creek
- Achieve consensus (among public / private sector partners) that JCA is the single point of contact for businesses considering locating or expanding in Johns Creek.
- Establish relationships with Economic Development (ED) allies and provide them with information regarding Johns Creek assets; seek to align JCA Activities / Goals with local, regional and state allies.
- Build web site that maximizes inquiries and provides information needed by site selectors and firms considering locating in Johns Creek; list Johns Creek properties available for commercial development or redevelopment.
- Implement Johns Creek brand-ing campaign. The focus is on attraction / retention of high-end businesses and workers (partner with City).
- Identify and proactively target industries and businesses that are an ideal fit for Johns Creek (headquarter operations, professional services, service center operations, healthcare operations).
Strategy 2: Support Retention and Expansion of Existing Businesses (BR&E)
- Implement proactive business visitation, retention, and expansion program, visiting at least 50 businesses each year.
- Prioritize for visits those companies identified as likely expansion prospects.
- Form volunteer "Rapid Response Team" to intervene in critical situations involving a company’s possible expansion or potential departure from Johns Creek.
- Convene industry sector groups to identify and address common challenges / opportunities.
- Develop target list of service and support businesses desired by existing businesses; recruit or grow these businesses.
Strategy 3: Support Formation and Growth of Small Businesses
- Partner with the Johns Creek Chamber to create a Small Business Resource Center (SBRC). The SBRC will connect area small businesses to business planning, marketing, capital, workforce and other resources traditionally needed by small businesses.
- Utilize a retail gaps study to support the commercial space needs of small business and entrepreneurs.
- Continuously work to identify and address any unmet small business needs.
Click on the image below to learn more about our economic development process!
January 17, 2017 In the first of its kind in Georgia, the City…Read More
Next Third Tuesday event slated for Aug. 16 By Frank Reddy firstname.lastname@example.org Staff…Read More
By Frank Reddy Braving high temperatures at lunchtime Friday, hundreds walked from nearby…Read More
Lily's Pharmacy of Johns Creek
Owner, Lily's Pharmacy of Johns Creek
“ At Lily's Pharmacy, not only are we passionate about your healthcare and the services and products we deliver, but we…”